With the industry pushing forward towards tighter regulation on height safety, many are looking into the different options currently available for retrofit, as well as OEM delivered safety.
Handrails are one of the options being pushed around lately, but these devices have many limitations.
- Not MSHA compliant
- Must be 48″ tall, which can complicate certain trucks already nearing their max height for general transportation.
- Maintenance Issues
- Lack of Access & Egress protection
- Cold Weather Issues for Pneumatic & Pop Up Rails
- Aerodynamics for longer hauls
- Costly Hydraulic & Pneumatic Maintenance & Repair
- Tight dimensions limiting mobility
- Timely Installation
- Lack of Protection for Slips during inclement weather
- Added Weight
- Can complicate auto-washout mechanisms
- Lack of protection for drivers over 6′ tall and or of a “larger diameter”
These issues along with many others complicate the safety landscape for tanker truck operators. Luckily Standfast’s TRAM system is the general solution for all these issues and meets or exceeds ANSI & OSHA regulations.
Find out more today at www.standfastusa.com